EXTENT OF LIMITED WARRANTY - 12 MONTH WARRANTY
1. This warranty is granted by OKI DATA SINGAPORE PTE LTD ("OKI"). This warranty does not affect the customer’s statutory rights. This warranty is not transferable. This means that only the initial buyer of a new OKI printer, fax, or multi-function product (“device”) is entitled to make a claim under this warranty.
2. OKI warrants to the end-user customer (the “Customer”) that the OKI products purchased will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the duration of the specified product warranty. All products carry a warranty of 1 year from the date of purchase by the Customer excluding the product consumable item and product accessory. The Customer is responsible for maintaining proof of date of purchase and making it available to an OKI representative on request.
3. For software products, the Warranty applies only to a failure to execute programming instructions. OKI does not warrant that the operation of any product will be uninterrupted, error free, or to the satisfaction of the Customer.
4. The Warranty covers only those defects which arise as a result of normal use of the product, and in no way will apply to any fault or malfunction caused by:
(a) Improper or inadequate maintenance or modification to the product.
(b) Software, media, parts (including consumables), supplies or interfacing components not supplied or approved by OKI.
(c) Misuse of the product or any operation or attempted operation of the product outside its written specifications.
5. OKI consumables (including toner and drum cartridges) are specifically designed for OKI machines, and the use of non-OKI products may result in degradation of print quality, loss of advanced functionality (such as colour balancing) and even, in some cases, damage to your printer or multi-function machine. This warranty does not extend to any print quality degradation, machine malfunction, or damage caused by the use of non-OKI consumables or refilled OKI toner cartridges. We will also be entitled to recover from you the reasonable cost of any work done in investigating a problem that proves to have been caused by the use of non-OKI consumables.
6. If OKI receives, during the applicable warranty period, any notice of a defect in any of its hardware products covered by the Warranty during the specified warranty period, OKI shall either repair or replace the defective product at OKI’s option.
7. Any replacement product may be either new or like new, provided that it has functionality at least equal to that of the product being replaced. Where such a replacement takes place, the Warranty remaining on the original product will be applied to the replacement product.
8. This warranty is only valid in relation to device installed and used in the country of purchase and shall not extend to any device not supplied by Oki's authorized distributors and retailers in that country.
9. Contracts for additional warranty services, such as on-site service or extended warranty of any other kind maybe available from any authorised OKI sales representation or service centre.