LOCATION: Mount Laurel, NJ
OKI Data Americas, Inc. (ODA), headquartered in Irving, TX is a subsidiary of OKI Data Corporation of Japan, a leading manufacturer of computer peripheral equipment including color and monochrome printers and multifunction products. ODA is responsible for the sales and distribution for such products in the United States. To continue and accelerate our growth, ODA is seeking a dynamic, high energy, and accomplished SNB Custom Product Specialist.
This position is responsible to manage assigned relationships and product development of SPBU products. Support is provided to all SPBU sales teams as well as direct contact with developmental partners and Parent company engineering teams. Role is also responsible for the management of SPBU products internally with, but not limited to, Product Management, Marketing Management, Operations, Engineering and Customer Service functions.
The main area of focus for this position is to serve as the lead HQ-internal resource working on future Continuous print label platforms. This is done by being the direct Oki Data technical liaison relationship between, third party partners, SNB Sales, the internal support groups within Oki Data, and customers to facilitate creation, and customization of products. Also, to provide pre/post-sales support.
This position is responsible for having (or acquiring) a unique blend of technical, marketing and direct sales support background/skills in order to easily understand and effectively communicate with multiple levels and personalities regarding the development, sales and support of Assigned products.
A successful candidate would reside in the Mount Laurel, New Jersey area and possesses Minimum 5 years of experience in computer peripheral and/or technology-related industry serving in a product management capacity. This person will have previous experience/background in managing/communicating directly with customers and customization of products to fit their needs. This person will also have a diverse background in both hardware and software.
In addition to meeting and exceeding assigned objectives, the responsibilities of the position are:
- Coordinates custom product resources, including internal engineering, documentation and product marketing functions for SPBU development.
- Liaison to ODA/ODC Engineering /Marketing to coordinate product development and configurations along with customization of products to fit the needs of the SPBU customers.
- Proactively works with the SPBU Sales group as a team member during new product development and business development of SPBU relationships.
- Works directly with ODA/ODC Engineering and ODA Documentation group to incorporate modification to the firmware, software, documentation and packaging, which requires working with these groups in obtaining these changes in a timely fashion.
- Assist in the development and release of new ODA/SPBU specialized products, so we can attack new potential market segments.
- Responsible for implementing and planning of all assigned SPBU customer transition plans and schedules for newly released products.
- Maintains a strong knowledge on current products, popular industry software applications, operating systems and 3rd party software solutions. Is able to immediately provide an answer or knows the appropriate contact so that responses are timely.
- Exclusive resource for SPBU customer support, which requires interfacing with internal support groups to obtain resources and timely responses to the issue at hand. Is the day-to-day contact of the SPBU customer (technical) to address product questions and issues that may arise during the product’s life cycle. This would include all aspects of support from quality inspection to field service/support issues that may arise.
- Participates and has sign off authority to all ODA/ODC ECO’s which has a current or future impact to the SPBU products. Monitors and tracks all ECO’s and provides notification to the SPBU customers as stipulated by their contract. Provides updated information as well to these customers whenever a product enhancement or changes are planned in order to get approval and action plans in place to support these changes.
- Works closely with Oki’s Quality Team in clearly communicating product performance issues, and in turn communicating back to the SNB sales organization the process and timing for required fixes.
- Drives the organization to keep awareness of SPBU customer needs and product launches ensuring that problems/issues that impede a relationship/opportunity become the highest priority. Maintains a positive working relationship throughout SPBU Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Engineering and Customer Service in order to effectively influence proactive and timely issue resolution.
- Serves as a key member of ODA’s Support organization providing the SPBU sales personnel a “one-stop shop” for addressing and solving product, marketing, or customer support issues impacting their ability to close new business.
- Develops and maintains an actionable work plan of SPBU accounts during the launch phase and after during the post launch time frame to ensure that all issues are tracked and resolved using the internal support groups whenever required.
- Represents SPBU Sales customers and ODA Sales Support at various product launch and core team meetings when needed.
- College degree preferred (technical/engineering/computer systems background preferred)
- Minimum 5 years experience in computer peripheral and/or technology-related industry serving in a product management capacity
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND SOFTWAR REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous experience/background in managing/communicating directly with customers and customization of products to fit their needs.
- Experience in Windows-based software, Apple, and other current operating systems
- Diverse background in both hardware and software
- Knowledge of Label products and Market a plus
- Knowledge of Textile Transfer Market and products a plus
- Experience with Color management tools (RIP’s) desirable
- Experience in Label production or Label equipment market desirable
- Strong written, communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact and communicate with ODA employees, from staff personnel to executive management, and external STP customers.
- Ability to apply fact-based analysis in resolving or elevating issues that affect closing business opportunities
- Ability/desire to take action/set priorities with a minimum amount of supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be willing to travel a minimum of 25%
- Ability to lift 60-70 lbs.
SEND RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
OKI Data Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability.
All resumes submitted directly to an OKI Data employee from a vendor via email, the Internet or in any other form without a valid written search agreement in place for this position from the OKI Data Americas (ODA) Human Resources Department will be deemed the sole property of the OKI Data Americas, Inc.. Please note that no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by ODA as a result of the referral or through means other than our established process.