Features1: OKI MediaServer provides a total solution for video streaming services
1. Multi-device support
It supports various terminal devices such as PC, STB, TV, smartphone, tablet.
2. Multi-encoder support
It supports several encoders / live encoders
3. Multi-DRM support
It supports various DRMs(*1)that is allowed to deliver Hollywood contents
4. Multi-tenant support
By connecting with third party CMS/SMS, it suports multi-tenant functions. (*2)
- *1: OKI DRM, Marlin are supported. PlayReady will be supported at the end of March, 2013
- *2: the release will planned at the end of March, 2013
- Scalability and excellent cost performance can be achieved by standard servers/IP switches and original parallel file systems
- Supports from small-scale systems up to large carrier-grade systems
- Most basic system configured using a single standard PC server.
- Ideal for local video delivery using the intranet or as an entry model.
Parallel System/Distributed System
- Parallel file systems adopted to share contents between multiple streaming servers.
- Large-scale system with excellent availability and cost performance achieved by distributing CPU and storage loads.
- Expand to a multi-location VOD system
Features3: a variety of encryption
Safe, high-speed encryption adopted for Hollywood contents distribution services
- Session key method: Encryption key generated on a per session basis results in high security.
- Proprietary high-speed algorithms.
- Contents can be encrypted while copying from center server to local servers.
Real-time encryption (OKI DRM)
- OKI DRM generates session key and encrypts contents in real-time during delivery.
- One content is encrypted by one new key whenever it is requested.
- Real-time encryption function supports keys generated by Marlin-IPTV-ES.
- Real-time encryption (OKI DRM) and pre-encryption method can be used in one system.
- Pre-encryption method encrypts contents while the center server delivers contents to local servers reducing encryption costs.