While the sign and graphics community moved from traditional print methods to digital printing many years ago, the DOT (Department of Transportation) has only recently approved digital printing for the production of regulated traffic signage.
The traditional methods of screen printing and cut overlay of films are labor and time intensive. Digital printing provides a more efficient solution with several advantages including:
- Increased productivity because of less fabrication steps
- Better quality control because of computerized consistency
- Cost effectiveness because of less material inventory
- Space and equipment savings
- High-performance traffic colors and durability
- Better working environment with lower odor ink (than screen printing)
- Versatility to produce other custom applications like banners and fleet graphics
Whether you are printing any of the following signs or thinking about adding this application to your arsenal, the industrial ColorPainter M-64s Traffic Printer will provide a cost-effective, versatile solution with maximum output durability.
- Guide signs like street names or highway signs
- Construction safety signs
- Regulatory and warning signs
- Other non-regulated reflective signs
The ColorPainter M-64s Traffic Printer is designed to work as a digital print solution in conjunction with Nippon Carbide’s Nikkalite™
retro-reflective traffic sheeting. ColorPainter’s SX eco-solvent, low-odor inks can achieve the six specified traffic colors and at the same time provide full-color graphic images that deliver rich saturated color, excellent transparency and exceptional outdoor durability.
- 10-year Performance Guarantee from Nippon Carbide Industries
- Meets ASTM standard and MUTCD compliant
- Expand your capabilities; print all six traffic colors plus full-color graphics. Add graphic images on conventional traffic signs, create multicolored traffic signs or expand your capabilities and print things like backlit street signs, fleet graphics/decals, banners and more.
Get Premium Print Performance with ColorPainter
- Industrial built machine for reliability and longevity
- Advanced print technologies make it easy to use and keep running
- Consistent rich, bold and glossy color
- Rugged Piezo printheads engineered for longer wear time
- Low odor ink for better workplace environment
- Fast print speed and high productivity
- Local service through a network of authorized distributors