New and Advanced Feature Set Delivers Improved Functionality through Enhanced Document and Workflow Management Solutions
OKI Data Americas announces the release of a firmware upgrade for its award-winning MC873 smart, A3 color multifunction devices (MFP) . This complimentary upgrade will allow users to take advantage of the latest open API iteration of OKI’s smart Extendable Platform (sXP), featuring an expanding suite of print management, document capture and document management solutions including SENDYS Explorer™. The new firmware and enhanced SENDYS software are now available for download from OKI’s website.
SENDYS Explorer provides users greater flexibility to edit, access, print, retrieve and share files. It is the first server-based application available for the MC873 smart MFP with the upgraded firmware. Both are available to MC873 customers free of charge, and offer users the ability to quickly streamline business processes and save time.
The combination of these user-friendly MFPs and this valuable document management tool will help workgroups improve document workflow – maximizing efficiencies from document capture to distribution – through the ability to convert documents and distribute or upload them to a chosen location. This is made possible through the MC873’s powerful input and output document processing capabilities, and its user-friendly seven inch color touch screen control panel.
Together, the firmware upgrade and enhanced solution suite will offer users the ability to:
- Capture documents and convert them from MFP, smart phone or PC, and distribute and upload them to a chosen location
- Transform scanned documents into editable formats such as PDF/A and searchable PDF, or upgrade for conversion to MS Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint® and other popular file types
- Centralize administration to manage multiple devices
- Print common documents directly from the touch panel
- Utilize the SENDYS mobile application for iPhone® and Android™
- Upgrade to popular cloud services such as Dropbox™, Microsoft OneDrive® and Google Drive™.