The Solution Architect supports the Managed Services and Professional Services teams by providing necessary estimations of scope of work and TCO on Managed Services offerings created during the pre-sales process with a Managed Services/Professional Services Sales Expert. The Solution Architect will be required to effectively plan the highest quality solution for the customer based on their requirements at the lowest cost possible to OKI. The position will be seen as a leader in managed services offerings and able to foster development of new uses cases related to our offerings. The Solution Architect will also be responsible for keeping our portfolio of offerings up to date with market changes and new technologies. This is a position with a new team, there will be the ability to help guide the strategic plan of our department.
- Pre-sales experience, especially designing complex services solutions for the printing industry
- Adherence of best practices and expectations in a managed services organization (ie SLA’s, monitoring and support) from end-to-end
- Refine services/solutions sales methodology
- Ability to identify and create opportunities for new revenue streams trough services/solutions
- Ability in creating business tools and documentation to create SOW, Price Analysis, Proposals, TCO and ROI statements
- Experience in technical consulting with RFI’s and RFP’s and strong proposal writing skills
- Expert level knowledge of print, SaaS and cloud platforms, enterprise networking topology, network security and keen interest in emerging related technologies
- A thorough grasp of professional and consultative selling skills to include a history of successful contract negotiations. The close cycle can range from 6-18 months and will typically involve multiple decision makers in the purchasing decision.
- Experience in the print and copier industry, competitors, and various channels.
- Includes vendor products, software, and services. Able to communicate the strengths of offerings, and overcome objections.
- Solid understanding of typical vendor organizations & operations, including key business rules, and alignment with go-to-market strategies, partner segmentation, key programs & initiatives, structure.
- Partners effectively with others in the organization including sales, marketing, IT and Senior leadership to ensure key metrics are achieved
- Practices a pipeline management discipline and ability to explain benefits to vendors
- Provide feedback to marketing on content development needs
- Performs complex business analyses of customer's business communication requirements and develops benchmark demonstrations, proposals and value propositions that exceed customers' requirements resulting in the development of new customers and retention of existing Managed Print Services accounts by applying a consultative approach.
- Oversees the management of all aspects of the implementation/deployment of a new MPS customer
- Engages with executive level customer contacts throughout the implementation process and is single point of escalation for any customer issues
- Leads a team that is accountable for delivering and executing on the terms and conditions of a customer’s MPS contract, with a focus on exceeding customer expectations.
- Assists in drafting document (print) assessments for delivery to clients. Locally, owns the methodology for delivering assessments to prospects.
- Proactively develops new customer contacts, reviews leads, and participates in customers' strategic planning sessions.
- Understands and delivers all MPS tools to Impact Sales, PS and other resources as appropriate.
- Monitors and reports upon the pipeline for MPS opportunities. Identifies and escalates any inhibitors within Impact with respect to the initiative.
- Keeps current on new printer product developments, competitive services and industry trends - provides feedback as appropriate to Marketing and other Impact resources.
- Provides training and direction to Area sales force relative to Impact's MPS programs and in the identification and development of MPS opportunities.
- Supports sales opportunities by providing information on product capabilities and technical specifications, applications, pricing, positioning, business case analysis and related tactical assistance.
- Self-starter and multi-tasker with excellent time management skills
- Strong client-facing presentational skills and ability to explain complex technical solutions and business value to customers
- Develop and conduct client business reviews in coordination with sales experts
- Eager to learn, train and work with a team working under tight deadlines
- Regimented at documenting of processes
- Exceptional English speaking and writing skills
- Ability to diagnose and recommend customization opportunities with each customer
- Engage and support with a Sales Expert in the workshop/discovery process with customer engagements
- Provide designs, technical scope, project plans, SOW, timelines and budgets for projects
- Prior experience in a pre-sales role preferred.
- Prior experience selling, servicing or managing printer fleets preferred
- Able to research technology trends
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science
- 5-7 years of experience selling managed services in the technology field
- 20-30% travel
- PMP Certification is a plus
- Proficiency with SalesForce.com
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Visio
- Proficiency with Lotus Notes
SEND RESUME TO: email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
OKI Data Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability.
All resumes submitted directly to an OKI Data employee from a vendor via email, the Internet or in any other form without a valid written search agreement in place for this position from the OKI Data Americas (ODA) Human Resources Department will be deemed the sole property of the OKI Data Americas, Inc.. Please note that no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by ODA as a result of the referral or through means other than our established process.