LOCATION: Irving, TX
The Director of IS is accountable for directing the information and data integrity of Oki Data Americas and the Latin American divisions, for all Information Technology functions of Oki Data. This includes application program development (SAP, Salesforce.com and Lotus Notes), the data center operations, technical services, and production scheduling functions; help desks, communication networks (voice and data), and computer systems operations.
The Director is responsible for maintaining the integrity of all electronic records of Oki Data’s transaction systems, process documentation and production change events. The Director of IS prepares the strategic and tactical direction of all IT and communication systems and operations globally; also reviews all IT acquisition of equipment, software, storage and retrieval systems.
Provides overall management and definition of all technology and communication activities within Oki Data, including responsibility for providing the leadership role in the day to day operations of the Information Technology Dept.
The Director of IS holds a position on the Oki Data Global IT planning board coordinating, reviewing and participating in the global strategy and long-range planning of the OKI Information Technology roadmap in conjunction with members from Japan and Europe.
The Director of IS also prepares and manages the Information Technology budget, employees, contractors, outsource vendors, and 3rd party vendor activities.
The Director of IS must be available 24 x7 due to business activities on the west coast, overseas and to support the maintenance and upgrading of systems nights and weekends so as not interrupt the business’ daily activities.
In addition to meeting and exceeding assigned objectives, the responsibilities of the position are:
- Strategy and planning:
- Develop and implement an Information Systems strategy to support the overall OKI Data Americas strategy, ensuring alignment to any global requirements from OKI Data Corporation or OKI Electric
- Co-ordinate Information Systems roadmap planning and budgeting with the Business team and communicate the costs and benefits to OKI Data Americas leadership to enable timely and informed decision making
- Continuously manage Information Systems to ensure that the appropriate projects are prioritized for effort and investment, and that non-critical programs are de-prioritized to ensure return on investment
- Deliver all agreed projects within planned both timeline and budget.
- Project management:
- Define and implement an OKI Data Americas project management process and tools with Business team members as well as the broader organization (where required) to support effective scoping, costing and management of projects
- Oversee all project managers to ensure that each project is governed by the project management process and is scoped and managed effectively to deliver the planned benefits
- Track the realization of benefits and ensure that continued accrual of benefits can be achieved and measured after the project has been completed
- Manage any project and / or business communications with OKI Data Corporation
- Continuous improvement:
- Perform internal reviews of IS effectiveness and efficiency and seek internal customer feedback regularly in order to improve quality of service and reduce cost where possible
- Identify opportunities for new system technologies to reduce overall cost and improve internal customer experience and efficiency
- Provide advice on the appropriate data and telecommunications services to maximize information flow across OKI Data Americas
- Service standards and compliance:
- Develop and monitor Information Systems policies across the business so that ‘best practice’ standards are maintained in service, security and contingency planning
- Ensure compliance with relevant statutory requirements (e.g. data security) and work collaboratively with the Legal and Compliance General Manager (Finance) to identify relevant changes
- Oversee management of the Information Systems infrastructure to minimize downtime and ensure compliance with licensing requirements
- Contribute to development and management of systems training across the business to optimize system effectiveness, staff competence and business efficiency
- Program and partner management:
- Work collaboratively with Finance in the procurement of all software and hardware for the business, utilizing strategic partnership agreements to achieve cost reductions
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the IS field
- Minimum of 5 years IS leadership / Experience of managing personnel in an IS Department / IS budget management / vender management
- Minimum of 5 years experience for SAP / SAP project implementation
- Experience in Manufacturing industry
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND SOFTWAR REQUIREMENTS:
- Technically competent with various software programs, including but not limited to Salesforce.com, SAP, BI, and Office 365.
- Formal certification(s) relating to project management is desirable, such as PMP or Agile.
- Ability to translate business needs into technical solutions.
- Ability to motivate project team members and provide direction.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, planning and organization skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Executive management.
- Ability to work as part of a global team consisting of members from various countries.
SEND RESUME TO: email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
OKI Data Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability.
All resumes submitted directly to an OKI Data employee from a vendor via email, the Internet or in any other form without a valid written search agreement in place for this position from the OKI Data Americas (ODA) Human Resources Department will be deemed the sole property of the OKI Data Americas, Inc.. Please note that no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by ODA as a result of the referral or through means other than our established process.