LOCATION: Irving, TX
OKI Data Americas, Inc. (ODA), headquartered in Irving, TX is a subsidiary of OKI Data Corporation of Japan, a leading manufacturer of computer peripheral equipment including color and monochrome printers and multifunction products. ODA is responsible for the sales and distribution for such products in the North, Central and South Americas. To continue to accelerate our growth, ODA is seeking a dynamic, high energy, and accomplished Accountant.
A successful candidate would reside in the contiguous United States and possess 5 years of work experience in an Accountant role. This position is mainly responsible for, but not limited to, financial closing, fixed asset and corporate income & sales tax compliance.
In addition to meeting and exceeding assigned objectives, the responsibilities of the position are:
- Maintain Fixed Asset and Depreciation Schedules with SAGE
- Lead physical fixed asset inventory count at ODA headquarters, sales offices & warehouses.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly sales and use tax returns (US and Canada).
- Preparation of accounting schedules/financial statements and other financial information to the external tax advisor for federal and state tax returns.
- Assist in the administration of state sales/use tax audits and conduct research on specific tax questions as Oki Data's business model requires.
- Obtain and maintain sales tax exemption certificates from Oki Data resellers.
- Assist in the preparation of schedules and financial audit preparatory work as needed.
- Develop and enter journal entries within SAP.
- Monthly analysis/review and reconciliation and adjustment of specific general ledger accounts.
- Periodic surveys for US Federal Government (monthly/quarterly, etc).
- Oversee issuance of 1099/T4a, if applicable.
- Research SAP issues, testing and improvements.
- Preparation of annual FBAR and 1042-S tax returns.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance required
- Minimum of five years professional experience in an accounting/business environment.
- Excellent math, oral and written communication skills. Strong analytical aptitude.
- Good understanding of sales and use tax rules
- Strong computer skills (Excel and Word).
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a team.
- SAP experience a must.
- Experience with Sales Tax Software a plus.
- SAGE Fixed Asset Management Software experience preferred
- 5% to other offices and warehouses, as needed.
SEND RESUME TO: email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
OKI Data Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability.
All resumes submitted directly to an OKI Data employee from a vendor via email, the Internet or in any other form without a valid written search agreement in place for this position from the OKI Data Americas (ODA) Human Resources Department will be deemed the sole property of the OKI Data Americas, Inc.. Please note that no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by ODA as a result of the referral or through means other than our established process.