LOCATION: Mount Laurel, NJ
OKI Data Americas, Inc. (ODA), headquartered in Irving, TX is a subsidiary of OKI Data Corporation of Japan, a leading manufacturer of computer peripheral equipment including color and monochrome printers and multifunction products. ODA is responsible for the sales and distribution for such products in the United States. To continue and accelerate our growth, ODA is seeking a dynamic, high energy, and accomplished Traffic Specialist.
A successful candidate would reside in the Mount Laurel, New Jersey area and possesses a minimum of 3 years of experience in an operations environment including direct experience with traffic coordination or transportation including managing carrier performance.
In addition to meeting and exceeding assigned objectives, the responsibilities of the position are:
- Develop, maintain and manage relationships with common carriers in alliance with meeting Oki Data Americas transportation service and cost goals
- Responsible for carrier selection and negotiation for reduction in freight rates
- Research transportation trends and prepare expense analysis for development of Freight Budget (over $5M expenditure annually)
- Responsible for auditing and insuring accuracy of all freight bills from carrier to ODA
- Ensure that the ODA freight billing process to the customer is working properly and that the charges are accurate
- Manage traffic flow and ensure compliance to accepted freight controls and procedures while insuring the customer special instructions and cost effective measures are met
- Provide full range of reports, analysis, and KPI results, including carrier performance, service levels, and expense results
- Recommend, initiate, and manage changes designed to improve control and efficiency of freight for inbound and outbound channels, focusing on carrier consolidation, cost reduction, and volume discount measures
- Responsible for the resolution of all traffic insurance claims, including directing investigations into shipper or consignee complaints, managing the relationship and process with our insurance carrier and documenting and accounting for the loss/gain on assets
- Ensure that the ODA shipping and transportation activities meet all government regulations and manage compliance to appropriate policies, procedures, and safety rules
- Serve as back up to export activities with full knowledge of SED and SLI requirements for OKI Latin America partners
- Responsible for all ISO processes related to freight invoice auditing, inbound and outbound shipping
- Enhances product workflow by analyzing logistics plans and developing traffic/transportation recommendations that support production, distribution and inventory goals while reducing transportation costs
- Collaborates with other departments, including Account Managers and Distribution, to formulate, recommend and implement traffic/transportation policies, procedures, goals, or objectives to meet customer requirements
- Provides leadership and coordination for all traffic related requirements, including domestic trade terms as well as international (Incoterms) trade terms, shipping documentation processing and ensuring compliance to domestic and international shipping regulations
- Provides technical support pertaining to traffic issues for various groups within ODA
- Develops proposals on policy for final decision making by department manager
- Accountable for measuring the performance and cost of all traffic activities and ensuring both inbound container schedule and domestic outbound shipping policies are met
- Develops (ISO) processes and procedures or analysis techniques to improve the traffic flow
- Bachelor's degree BA) from a 4 year college or university preferably with studies including logistics and/or operations management
- APICS certification of working towards a certification a plus
- 3 -5 years of experience in an operations environment including direct experience with traffic coordination or transportation including managing carrier performance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:
- Working knowledge of both domestic and international trade terms
- Working knowledge of NMFC (National Motor Freight Classification) and tariff requirements
- Working knowledge of transportation documentation (NOL, delivery receipts, waybill, etc.)
- Good understanding of Freight/Traffic functions, controls, and standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent PC skills, including SAP and Excel
- Must have ability to work well independently and within team environment
- Analytical dexterity
- Time management
- Business acumen
SEND RESUME TO: email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
OKI Data Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability.
All resumes submitted directly to an OKI Data employee from a vendor via email, the Internet or in any other form without a valid written search agreement in place for this position from the OKI Data Americas (ODA) Human Resources Department will be deemed the sole property of the OKI Data Americas, Inc.. Please note that no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by ODA as a result of the referral or through means other than our established process.