PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER – OFFICE PRODUCTS & SOLUTIONS
Location: Irving, TX
OKI Data Americas, Inc. (ODA), headquartered in Irving, TX is a subsidiary of OKI Data Corporation of Japan, a leading manufacturer of computer peripheral equipment including color and monochrome printers and multifunction products. ODA is responsible for the sales and distribution for such products in the United States. To continue and accelerate our growth, ODA is seeking a dynamic, high energy, and accomplished Product Marketing Manager.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION/SUMMARY:
- The Product Marketing Manager (PMM) is responsible for managing the growth and marketing plans for assigned office product line(s) of OKI’s Printer product portfolio including overall go-to-market strategy of hardware and solutions, product positioning, pricing, competitive marketing analysis, product launch materials, promotional marketing programs, competition monitoring, and new product requirements consistent with OKI’s business objectives and strategy.
- Reporting to the Director of Product Marketing, the PMM is a critical member of the team and will be accountable for the overall success of assigned OKI Printer product lines and will manage the Product Marketing strategy together with a team whose charter is to define and drive the stated strategy across the entire OKI value chain (internal/external). Measure: exceed stated business objectives defined by Units, Revenue and Margin.
- The PMM serves as the Product line(s) SME for the North American sales teams to assist with closing opportunities, customer service and various teams within Oki Data Corporate. At times, the PMM will lead specific project teams, as assigned.
- This position will be located in Dallas, Texas.
- There is a 20% travel expectation with this position to support regular field visits with customers, channel partners and trade shows.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Understand the market through sales insight, market research and competitive analysis.
- Become an expert in the category and bring relevant information to the executive team as needed or requested.
- Collaborate with Product Planning- Research team and Channel Marketing team to analyze marketplace trends regarding products, specifications, pricing, and sales/channel programs.
- Provide both quantitative and qualitative analysis for strategic decisions.
- Identify market niches for current products to maximize sales success.
- Identify product line gaps based upon competitive, channel or market requirements and make recommendations to the Director of Marketing.
- Maintain complete knowledge level and proficiency with relative technologies, both competitive and being marketed by OKI.
- Contribute to the OKI product lifecycle process, provides recommendations and shares as appropriate.
- Manage OKI brand attributes of assigned Product line(s) and contribution to OKI’s global brand equity.
Product Marketing including launch, positioning and promotion [4 P’s]
- Take the lead to prepare launch plans for assigned new hardware/ next generation introductions. Ensures timely completion of all aspects of the launch plan by all supporting organizations. Maintains full responsibility of all major action items of the supporting organizations to ensure accuracy and strategic direction and communicate progress to launch team on a timely basis.
- Develop go-to-market and promotional plan to support product unit sales expectations.
- Develop marketing plans as needed to support software and 3rd party software relationships.
- Develop messaging and value propositions for marketing campaigns that can be effectively used across departments and by channel partners.
- Strategize with Sales, Operations, Customer Service, Solutions and Executive Team on global launch plans.
- Establish the needs and plans for market research projects, as appropriate.
- Ensure that the sales channels and the end user purchasers of product(s), are kept informed of marketing activities and changes in prices, design, application and quality improvements.
- Work with Oki Data Corporate, manages the Oki Data Americas product process from production to ship and communicate progress, obstacles and timelines to stakeholders as needed.
- Provide input for marketing bulletins, advertising, collateral material, industry analyst publications, social media calendars, digital marketing and public relations as required.
- Review the results of marketing and sales programs versus objectives and actual sales achieved; identifies variances from planned performance and directs/implements such corrective action as is necessary.
- Position products, pricing, warranty coverage and programs in support of the products – these items must be agreed upon with the launch team as part of the launch management process.
- Engage in top sales opportunities and unique opportunities that require customization support.
- Provide input, review and approve content developed by internal and 3rd party agencies.
- Develop yearly product marketing plan to support Original Business Plan contribution.
Pricing Strategies and Matrix
- Review and approve pricing proposals that fall within allowed guidelines – in some cases needs Director approval depending on margin.
- Prepare pricing proposals for new products as well as enhancements to current products based upon competitive actions and/or to support unit expectations.
- Collect, monitor and analyze marketing oriented pricing and prepare a pricing plan for the life cycle of the product.
- In conjunction with Channel Marketing, align seasonal / quarterly channel promotions to achieve sales goals.
Collect and Analyze “Voice of Customer”
- Drive customer requirements with hardware and software engineering at Oki Data Corporate (Japan).
- Solicit feedback from sales channels, end-users, and internal sales personnel on a consistent and on-going basis and make recommendations where appropriate based upon market analysis and OKI business objectives.
- Uncover what motivates customers to purchase, their challenges (pain points) and needs to prepare effective value propositions.
- Regularly engage directly with the customers and end-users to understand their needs.
Reporting, Budgeting and Analysis
- Monitor/analyze monthly product performance such as sales in/out, top 10 SKUs/Customers, promotions, etc. and provide analysis to Director of Marketing.
- Responsible for analysis and assessment of sales data, market research project results, industry trends and competitive activities to take timely action to meet/exceed plans and forecasts.
- Prepare monthly KPI data and submit to Director of Marketing as requested.
- Maintain fiscal management of assigned budgets.
- Work with Product Planning team to suggest promotions and activities to sell slow moving inventory and prepare for EOL plans.
- Monitor inventory and adjust as needed during monthly PSI meetings. Meet with Sales prior to understand business to influence production and inventory.
- Ensure the integration and accuracy of the business forecast; works with Operations to improve availability and inventory flow through the forecasting process.
- Responsible for accurate forecasting on assigned product line(s) to achieve Original Business Plan and 2nd Half Business Plan on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis through the mCA process.
- Related projects as needed and as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in Marketing or Business; MBA is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in the document management and/or printer copier industry preferred and/or 5+ years in microcomputer and related products or industrial/consumer electronics industry; knowledge of distribution channels in IT/CT industry, including wholesale and retail/resale channels.
- 5+ years proven experience including areas such as marketing program planning and management, sales, channel marketing programs, program/project management, merchandising, market research, product management and market development.
- At least 2 years of experience in a marketing position commensurate with the responsibilities and accountabilities of this position.
- Experience in setting marketing strategy and managing marketing mix (product, price, promotion and place) for a product line and adjusting the plan to stay on course to achieve Office Business Plan revenue/quantity.
- Decision-making skills, particularly in marketing expense and program trade-offs.
- Outstanding project management skills. Proven ability to stay on task, hit deadlines and identify and resolve roadblocks early.
- Asks good questions to get to the root cause, excellent listening skills, invests in the success of others and values their input and ideas.
- Creative problem solving skills. Understands key drivers; acts with a sense of urgency and commitment.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills. Able to organize and communicate complex ideas effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team as well as work as a team member.
- Achievement oriented – loves to win.
Equal Employment Opportunity
OKI Data Americas, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability.
All resumes submitted directly to an OKI Data employee from a vendor via email, the Internet or in any other form without a valid written search agreement in place for this position from the OKI Data Americas (ODA) Human Resources Department will be deemed the sole property of the OKI Data Americas, Inc.. Please note that no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by ODA as a result of the referral or through means other than our established process.
Interested? Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org