OKI Launches Overseas Certification Acquisition Service for Electronic and Electrical Equipment manufacturers
Supports acquisition of electrical safety conformity certification under local regulations for more than 120 countries and regions
TOKYO, May 18, 2016 -- OKI Engineering, an OKI Group company providing reliability evaluations and environmental conservation technologies services, launched the "Overseas Certification Acquisition Service" for electronic and electrical equipment manufacturers on April 1, 2016. The new service will provide electronic and electrical equipment manufacturers with access to test data required to submit to certification organizations when expanding their business overseas, and prepare application forms for over 120 countries and regions.
Electronic and electrical equipment manufacturers seeking to distribute products overseas must gain electrical safety conformity certification in accordance with local regulations. Such certification generally requires approval by various certification organizations within each country and region. Since the test data and application forms differ from country to country, the certification acquisition process can entail various difficulties and lead to setbacks, including rejections of applications for invalid data or inadequate documentation.
"The certification acquisition service makes it easier for manufacturers to handle transactions with overseas customers and helps streamline the process of gaining certification," said Yasunori Shibata, President of OKI Engineering. "In response to requests, the new service will investigate the scope of application requirements for country-specific certification systems and technical criteria."
Exports of Japanese electronic and electrical equipment are expected to grow in the EU and Asia, increasing the need among growing numbers of customers to ease the process of gaining local certification. Moving forward, OKI Engineering will strive to expand its business and establish the overseas certification acquisition service as vital customer support.
- Provides one-stop supports for certification acquisition for a wide range of countries and regions.
- Supports certification for safety and EMC fields in more than 120 countries and regions.
- Implements testing based on international and country-specific regulations.
- Supports country-specific certification investigations (optional).
- Individual estimates
- Sales target
- 10 million yen or more per year
- April 1, 2016
About OKI Electric Industry (OKI)
Founded in 1881, OKI Electric Industry is Japan's leading telecommunications manufacturer in the Info-telecom field. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, OKI provides top-quality products, technologies, and solutions to customers through its info-telecom systems and printer operations. Its various business divisions function synergistically to bring to market exciting new products and technologies that meet a wide range of customer needs in various sectors. Visit OKI's global website at http://www.oki.com/.
- The names of the companies and products mentioned in this document are the trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies and organizations.
- Press Contact:
- Public Relations Division
- Customer contact:
- OKI Engineering EMC Division
- * Information in the press releases is current on the date of the press announcement, but is subject to change without prior notice.