OKI Develops "CX330", an All-in-one Banknote Sorter with Banding Unit for the Chinese Market
High-speed, high-functionality, high-usability model for full-scale entry into the Chinese banknote sorter market
TOKYO, September 1, 2011 -- OKI today announced the development of the CX330, a banknote sorter for financial institutions in China. The CX330 will be exhibited at the China International Exhibition on Financial Banking Technology & Equipment 2011 (CIFTEE) to be held in Beijing from September 1. The compact CX330 can sort the banknotes by the denomination as well as by fitness level and can band Chinese banknotes in a single machine. The product will be available from December 2011.
The sharp increase in the number of installed ATMs and the expanding supply of banknotes has created growing need in China for the automation of banknote sorting at financial institutions. In response, OKI has developed the CX330, a banknote sorter for Chinese banknotes that integrates sorting and banding unit for more efficient cash management and handling.
"The required banding position for banknotes differs from region to region in China," says Shinya Kamagami, Executive Officer and General Manager of the Systems Hardware Business Division at OKI. "We've designed the unit to make the banding position variable, allowing customers to set this position to meet their needs when installing the banknote sorter. This variable banding position function for a medium-sized banknote sorter marks an industry-first in the Chinese market."
The CX330 is a high-quality product with enhanced banknote recognition unit, applied for OKI's ATMs, which is widely spread in the Chinese market. With its high capability to accurately recognize unfit banknotes, the CX330 can classify banknotes into up to three categories based on the fitness level. It also offers high usability with the extra two pockets stacking banknotes that are not necessary for banding. Also, the CX330 features high-speed functionality with the industry-leading banknote transport speeds of 12 banknotes per second.
OKI already boasts steady sales for its ATMs in China. With the CX330, OKI will make its full-scale entry into China's banknote sorter market.
- December 2011 (plan)
- Target sales
- 10,000 units within five years
1. High usability
- In response to the different required banding positions for banknotes in China, the distance from the banknote edge to the banding position is variable, allowing customers to set this position to suit their needs.
- Extra two pockets stacking the banknotes that are not necessary for banding reduce the workload required to sort them later.
- The auto-loading of the banding tape eliminates complicated operation.
2. High speed, high quality
- The CX330 is a high-quality product with enhanced banknote recognition unit applied for OKI's ATMs which is widely spread in the Chinese market.
- Offers enhanced functions for recognizing unfit banknotes in addition to detecting counterfeit notes. Depending on the fitness level, banknotes can be sorted into up to three categories in one processing.
- Serial number of the counterfeit notes can be registered, allowing detection of the counterfeit notes from the deposited banknote.
- Offers industry-leading banknote transport speed of 12 banknotes per second.
- Five integrated stacking units allow non-stop processing and realize no wait time even when banding four denominations simultaneously.
About OKI Electric Industry (OKI)
Founded in 1881, OKI Electric Industry is Japan's leading telecommunications manufacturer. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, OKI provides top-quality products, technologies, and solutions to customers through its info-telecom systems and printer operations. Its various business divisions function synergistically to bring to market exciting new products and technologies that meet a wide range of customer needs in various sectors. Visit OKI's global website at http://www.oki.com/.
- The names of the companies and products mentioned in this document are the trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective companies and organizations.
- Press Contact:
- Public Relations Division
- * Information in the press releases is current on the date of the press announcement, but is subject to change without prior notice.